This post contains affiliate links by clicking on links and making a purchase, I earn a small commission.
Remember when you were first dating your husband, and you flittered like crazy and could barely keep your hands off each other. You were both young, vibrant, and full of energy during those early dating years.
Then over time, little by little, after years of marriage, that lust and can’t keep our hands off each other melted away into more of friendship and a partnership. Love is still there, but the passion and romance may have fizzled out a bit.
In this blog post, we’ll dive deep into how to flirt with your husband.
We as women are typically romantics at heart, longing or expecting our men to talk control of the courtship, surprising us with a grand romantic gesture. Instead of waiting, surprise him, and take the wheel! I promise if you up the romance and flirtatiousness, then he will follow your lead. And that is where the fun begins.
Here a 10 Simple Ways To Flirt With Your Husband
- Leave love notes in his briefcase, place of work, or on the seat of his car. This is an easy way to surprise your man and tell him what you think about him.
- Send him cute messages on social media. I love sending flirty posts to Kelly’s DM that I find on Instagram.
- Send him sexy text messages in the middle of the day, bonus points if you can make him blush at work.
- Next time you’re getting out of the shower or changing clothes, send him a suggestive photo. Kelly and I use the app signal so that our kiddos don’t accidentally see the photos. 😬
- Leave a flirty note on his bathroom mirror.
- Send him the song lyrics to a love song that shares how you feel about him.
- Dress up for your man. Wear a short skirt or a fancy new sexy bra and panty set. Imagine the look on his face coming home to you all dolled up instead of the usual sweats. (just me?)
- Initiate. Take control and let him know you want some; send him sexy texts with a clear message that you are down to get down that night. Surprise him and send your little love note earlier in the day, so he has the rest of the day to daydream about it. Anticipation is half the fun.
- Surprise him with his favorite meal; as they say, the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
- Take any opportunity to brag on your man in front of others! Give him a shout-out on social media about how amazing he is! This is another fun way to surprise him.
Learn Your Husband’s Love Language :
We all show love in different ways. You can be showing your husband “love” all day long by showering him with acts of service, but if he prefers physical touch, he might not get the “message.” So first and foremost, figure out how he shows love and prefers to be loved. A great love languages quiz can be found here.
Let’s do a quick review of the five love languages:
- Physical Touch: This is not all about physical intimacy. A person with this love language needs to have a sense of touch with you. Hugs, eye contact, kisses, a back rub, a handhold all mean a lot to someone with this love language.
- Quality Time: A person who loves quality time craves small gestures where you make them first by setting time out of your busy life for them. Surprise them at work for lunch. A date night will mean a lot to a person with this love language.
- Acts of Service: A person with this love language loves the little things. Washing the dishes, taking out the trash, taking the car for an oil change, so they do not have to. They appreciate hard work, and having someone that helps, going the extra mile is always appreciated.
- Words of Affirmation: A person with this love language wants a sexy love message telling them how much they mean to you and how much you appreciate them. Shower them with words and flirty text messages.
- Receiving Gifts: A person with this love language loves receiving gifts that show how much you care about them. So picking out something that reminds you of memories of fun times or an inside joke is a good way to show your love.
Knowing your hubby’s love language will give you insight into how he loves to be loved and help you to turn up the flirting and surprise him in new romantic ways that are more in alignment with his way of loving.
Yes, your husband is your best friend. But to flirt, you’ve got to mix things up and add more intrigue and fun! After you’ve been married a long time, it is easy to lose sight of having fun, and making love can become more of a chore and less fun.
And let’s be honest, no one tells you how to be good at sex. My Mom gave me a fabric-covered binder with some info on saving myself or marriage, and that was the extent of my sexual education. If you’re like me, you could use some actionable help.
Give The Sexfulnss a try!
The sexfulness platform is the sex improvement platform helping its users revolutionize their sex life with more than 150 practical, bite-sized videos. Their courses teach everything people need to know to go from mediocre sex to great sex —the perfect thing to help spice up your marriage. It gives excellent pointers without being skeevy. Just focus on the video tutorials you and your partner are both comfortable with.
Their science-backed content is created by a team of 12 professional sexologists who base their teachings on data collected from over 5,000+ real people.
Inclusive of everyone, whether a man or a woman, single or in a long-term relationship, the courses work for everyone.
They teach practical pleasure techniques to have mind-blowing sex, not theory. They also use toys to demonstrate, so there is no explicit content.
Popular courses include:
- Sleeping Beauty – how to awaken a woman’s orgasm? 17 Lessons (2h 5m)
- How to teach your partner what you like in bed without saying it? 20 Lessons (2h 45m)
- Oral sex – how to give him unforgettable blowjobs? 23 Lessons (2h 35m)
The bottom line, keep things fun. We lead busy lives, and sometimes our marriage can take a back seat in our daily life. Having a strong marriage takes work. I hope these tips I shared helped you learn how to flirt with your husband and spice things up beyond the closed bedroom door.