30 Day Kindness Challenge, Are You Up For It?
This post contains affiliate links; I earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase.
If you have ever picked up any diet book or followed any fad diet, tuna is always at the top of the list of items you are encouraged to eat. “They” often tout it as the perfect way to sneak more protein into your daily life.
It makes sense. Tuna is packed with protein, a mighty 15 grams of protein per 2 oz serving. And it will only cost you 70 calories. Those are pretty impressive stats, friends, making tuna a total win to add to your meal and snack rotations.
But let’s face it, tuna by itself can be a little bit meh. But the good news is that tuna is a blank palette and can be transformed entirely with a few simple ingredients. And if you are looking for a tuna recipe without mayonnaise because you are not a fan, then you, my friend, are in the RIGHT place. As a lover of tuna fish, I have decided to share a few of my favorite tuna recipes that I have continually turned to over the years to help me keep my tuna eating healthy and keep me on track with meeting my health and wellness goals. These three tuna-terrific recipes are easy healthy recipes that are great for a light lunch, snack, or even a simple healthy meal. I like to keep things simple and easy, and you will find all three of these recipes just that!
These recipes are so good they went VIRAL on Buzzfeed!
It only takes a moment of watching the news or scrolling through social media to see that our current world is under attack.
We have become a divided people and are breaking my heart. We were not meant to be categorized and shoved into boxes.
WE ARE ALL HUMAN.
We are not the color of our skin; we are not the religion we choose to participate in; we are not our sexual orientation; we are not the country we call home. We are all one. We are all humans. We are all glorious, beautiful souls. It is time to lay our differences aside and unite in love, acceptance, and unity.
I may dream big, which may seem like an overreaching goal, but we can start small – we can begin with Kindness.
“Sprinkle Kindness Like Confetti”
When I published my book, The Big Book of Challenges, I was bummed my 30 days of kindness challenge did not make the cut. When we are truly kind to ourselves and one another, we change, evolve, and grow. And that is the type of transformation I am genuinely passionate about.
I am excited to get this challenge out in the world, and I think it is needed now more than ever.
Just imagine if every single human took on this challenge. I know we could change the world. We could help shift our world with random acts of Kindness. A simple act of Kindness can set into motion a ripple effect of Kindness that could help make the world a better place one small act at a time.
We now live in a world of perceived connection due to the internet and social media. Because of this, we sometimes head out into the real world and end up completely detached from the wonderful humans that surround us in real life.
We are more concerned about commenting on some celebrity’s latest Instagram post than we are about making eye contact with those beautiful souls that surround us.
For this 30-day kindness challenge, I want you to put your phones down at the store or out in public. Pay attention to the people around you, notice things about them, and challenge yourself to compliment three of those people. Do this every time you are out. Just think of the effect your kind words could have just by going out of your way to be kind to strangers every day. This small act of Kindness will have a profound impact on them, and I promise it will make a huge impact on your life too.
Besides making eye contact and complimenting strangers, here are some other little things you can do be a kinder person every day and spread the power of Kindness like confetti within your community.
- If you see a young mother having a hard time getting her kids situated in a cart at Target and she drops her phone, take a minute and help her out! Smile at her and tell her how darling her kiddos are. We need to stop being afraid of each other!
- Add a couple of extra bucks to the tip jar, then smile and offer sincere gratitude to those serving you! Ensure you make eye contact let them know you SEE them.
- SMILE!! I cannot tell you how much someone just smiling and giving me a head nod can make my day. For years I battled with depression, and I often felt utterly invisible. Those days when someone took the time to acknowledge my existence and made me feel seen, it helped me to feel a little bit better and stronger. Helping those around you feel SEEN is big, people!
- Pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru.
- Pay for someone’s cup of coffee.
- Write fun little uplifting notes on post-its and leave them on cars – these fun, happy notes are a great way to spread joy!
- Pick up litter when you are out walking – Being Kind to the earth counts too!
- Be kind to yourself. Choose to give yourself some grace. When you feel negative thoughts about yourself, replace them with a compliment!
- Find a charity you love and donate.
- Bake delicious cookies and drop some by for your neighbors, preferably those you don’t know as well.
- Complete the Kindness Scavenger hunt with your kiddos.
- Volunteer for a charity in your area. (animal shelter, soup kitchen, food bank pr ever your kid’s elementary school) Do what you can do for the stage of life you are in.
- Write a note of thanksgiving to a dear friend that has meant a lot to you.
- Show your family members extra Kindness! Kindness starts at home.
- Send a text to a friend letting them know you are thinking about them.
- Meditate on ways to show Kindness and ACT on any ideas that come to you.
- Set a daily reminder on your phone to remind you for the next thirty days to make small acts of Kindness a priority.
- Get the email address of an author, teacher, coach, blogger, or influencer that has inspired you and send a note of thanks! It will mean the world to them.
In summation, to complete the 30-day kindness challenge every time you are out and about, choose three strangers to smile at, compliment, or help out! Review the above list and pick different ways to complete small actions of Kindness each day. Sprinkle that awesome Kindness EVERYWHERE every single day for 30 days. You will be amazed at how these small, simple acts of Kindness will change your life and the lives of those you reach with your daily acts of Kindness.
As you work on this 30 days of kindness challenge and shift to making Kindness a habit, you will notice that not only did you help to uplift those three strangers, but you will find yourself filled with a sense of joy and peace that will surprise you. Kindness is a great place to start when building new good habits. It will help you develop good relationships with yourself and others. Even the toughest relationship can change when we choose Kindness instead of harboring ill feelings and holding grudges.
Being a kind person is a gift to others, but it is also a gift to yourself, one that will help you improve your overall health and well-being.
I love love LOVE everything about this. It’s so easy to be kind. <3
I love this! This is such a great idea and will for sure make someone’s day! I can’t wait to try these out.
So many great ideas! Thank you
This is such a wonderful post! I love everything about this
This is fantastic!! Thank you for sharing!!
I just love this so much! All such greta ideas for spreading kindness!