This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission. ❤
Did you know that the best time to tap into your subconscious mind is while you’re sleeping? In the article, we will be diving into the best sleep affirmations and changes you can make to your nighttime routine that will allow you to harness this power. Think of it. You can change your negative thought patterns while you sleep. Sleep affirmations are a game-changer, my friend, and I am so excited to share their magic with you.
If you are a long-time reader, then you will be well aware of my beliefs and my strong opinions around the power behind our thoughts. Our thoughts create our beliefs, and beliefs create our reality.
Using positive bedtime affirmations will truly rock your world! There’s a big difference between positive thinking vs. manifesting power. They are both important, but when we are thinking positively throughout the day, we use the conscious part of our brain, which is a small slice of our brainpower, a mere 5%. When we utilize our manifesting power, we tap into that other 95% of the brain using our subconscious mind. The subconscious is the motherboard and can create massive change in our lives. And as I mentioned earlier, our subconscious mind is the one really running the show. So tapping into this part of the brain with positive affirmations is like unlocking the key and hitting the “boost” button in a video game, giving you an advantage.
So the million-dollar question is, “How do we tap into the subconscious then?” This powerful tip I’m about to share is the best way to do just that. One hour before you go to bed is crucial to pay attention to. I call this “The Golden Hour.” When we go to sleep, we go directly into the subconscious. So whatever you are putting into your mind that short window before you go to sleep, you are taking into your subconscious.
Think about your usual bedtime routine. What are you doing for that one hour before sleep? Are you doing work emails, checking social media, watching a movie, doing bills, fighting with your spouse, etc.? If so, then for the next 6-8 hours, you are doing that. Pay attention when you wake up. You will find that your first thoughts are probably related to what you were giving your attention to the night before.
Many people watch the news and then go to sleep. This thought makes me cringe! If you watch the news before bed, you are downloading the world’s problems on your shoulders and then going to sleep. It’s no wonder so many people are suffering from anxiety, depression, and insomnia. But the great news is, IT’S A SIMPLE CHOICE! You can change what you are putting into your mind immediately, starting now. Isn’t that empowering?! You will genuinely thank yourself if you choose to take advantage of this magical tip.
AN HOUR BEFORE BED, AVOID THE FOLLOWING:
- Negative Thought: If you feel them coming on, simply shift the narrative on these unwanted thoughts and focus on your positive sleep affirmations
- Past Experiences: This is NOT the time to dwell on past mistakes or shine a light on all the things that went wrong during the day. Silence your inner critic. Choose to focus on what went right!
- Stressors of The Day: Again, let all the stress of the day go, the day is over, and tomorrow is a new day!
- Blue Light: Avoid exposure to blue light; this will help you get better quality.
- Money Worries: Avoid balancing your checkbook, checking bank balances, or any other activities that cause you to worry about money. Dream and focus on money coming to you quickly and easily! Imagine having more than enough to pay all your bills with plenty left over.
- Let go of your to-do list: This is not the time to focus on everything you need to do. It’s time to unwind and slow down, focusing on enabling a positive attitude.
- Low Vibe Shows: Anything that leaves you anxious, worried, or stressed, avoid it! That includes TV programs. I had to nix crime dramas right before bed.
AN HOUR BEFORE BED, DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Meditate: Choose a guided meditation that helps you to drift off to a night of deep sleep.
- Look through a vision book/board: This can be fun to spend the hour before bed dreaming and showering your dreams with positive energy.
- Visualization: Use visualization to focus on how you want your life to look and feel. Visualize how your new life will look, let your mind drift to all the beautiful things you’d like to create. Think about your life in one year, three years, and five years out.
- Plan your dream vacation: Hit Pinterest or Google and look up all you want to do on your magic dream vacation. Price tickets, find the perfect Air BNB.
- Read: Get lost in a book that feeds your soul.
- Watch a High Vibe Show: Watch a show that makes you laugh and is light-hearted. Or enjoy a documentary that inspires you and is filled with messages of hope.
- Practice Gratitude: There is nothing that will raise your vibe faster than spending some time being grateful! I like to get a gratitude journal by my bed and remember all the little miracles and fun things that showed up for me throughout my day.
- Have Some Sexy Time: Snuggling and making love with your spouse is a great way to raise your vibe before bed.
- Repeat Your Nighttime Affirmations: I keep my I AM affirmations by my bed and read them before drifting off to sleep. Remember when crafting I am statements to use the following formula:
When writing your, I am affirmations, remember:
- Always remember to start them with the phrase “I AM.”
- Always use present tense when writing your affirmations out
- Use positive statements and strong emotions!
- Practice Deep Breathing: Deep cleansing breaths are a great way to let go of stressful thought patterns and get into deep relaxation, a perfect state to be in to recite your night affirmations.
Did you know that most American adults struggle with getting to sleep at night or suffer from some form of insomnia? These Golden hour tips should help you drift off to dreamland quickly, ensuring that you use your affirmations and visualizations to help new neural pathways form. But just in case you are still struggling with falling asleep, here are some of my favorite natural healthy ways to get a good night’s sleep.
BEST ESSENTIAL OILS FOR SLEEP:
The perfect bedside companion for peaceful sleep is a diffuser with a relaxing and magical essential oil going. These are some of my favorite “go-to” oils that promote rest and relaxation.
If you want to get into the habit of making the most of your restful sleep, get in the habit of putting yourself in a high vibrational state before you sleep. Your life will improve drastically. Make it a daily practice. Every night before you slip into your subconscious mind for HOURS at a time is yours to claim.
So clear your mind of those negative thoughts, and focus on positive thoughts. Change your nightly routine to focus on raising your vibe and putting yourself into a positive state of mind. This small change to your night routine will result in positive changes within your waking hours! Claim this magical time before bed as your own. ❤