This post contains affiliate links; I earn a small commission by clicking on links and making a purchase.
This mixed berry protein smoothie shake has quickly become my go-to shake! I have it pretty much every day lately! The berries are a great source of fiber that keeps keep me full. My favorite protein powder provides a healthy dose of protein. And the green tea powder gives me a healthy boost of energy. It is the PERFECT breakfast smoothie to help me get my day started right!
This really simple, quick breakfast recipe will become a go-to for you! It has a great combination of protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates! Making this berry smoothie recipe a perfect nutrient mix for before or after a workout.
How To Make A Mixed Berry Protein Shake
- Start with a liquid base; water or non-dairy milk works great. I prefer almond milk. Then you’ll add a vanilla protein powder, you could use a chocolate protein powder, but I enjoy vanilla best with this recipe. You could use whey protein or plant-based protein, whichever you prefer.
- Then add frozen berries; you could use fresh berries – but more ice will be needed.
- Then add almond butter or all-natural peanut butter. I prefer almond butter for this recipe, but peanut butter works too.
- Next, add green tea powder – these are optional, but they add a nice flavor and a great energy boost.
- Finally, add the ice cubes and blend until desired consistency.
Mixed Berry Protein Shake
Blend & Enjoy!!
Ways To Modify Your Protein Shakes
You can add greek yogurt, collagen peptides, or cottage cheese for extra protein. For some extra healthy fats, you could add chia seeds. Just remember chia seeds act as a thickener, so more liquid will be needed.
I love having a protein shake before a workout. Protein Shakes are a great way to fuel your body before or after a workout. For more information on proper ways to fuel your body when working out, check out my post, What To Eat Before and After a Workout A Powerful Guide For Optimal Results!
Picking the right protein powder when creating your protein shake is so important. Unfortunately, many supposedly healthy protein powder brands are filled with weird chemicals and artificial ingredients that harm our bodies. Because it is marketed as a healthy product does not mean it is, so use caution, friends. I have listed my favorite options below- all taste fantastic and are organic, clean, and good for you!
MY FAVORITE CHOICES FOR HIGH-QUALITY PROTEIN POWDER:
Each Protein Powder I recommend has the highest quality ingredients, with no sketchy crap that many brands use.
- Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Protein Powder -Vanilla or Chocolate
- Just Ingredients Protein Powder – Use Code ‘JALYNN’ to save 10%
- Truvani Plant-Based Protein Powder
Happy Drinking, Friends! For more delicious Protein Shake Recipes, check out my ebook.
A Girlfriend’s Guide To Protein!
FREE WITH YOUR NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS
Have you ever wondered why protein is such a big deal, in helping you lose weight? As a personal trainer and nutrition specialist, I see firsthand how much getting the right amount of protein can make all the difference! In my handy dandy FREE protein guide, I dive into how to calculate the right amount of protein for your body. I also share some of the easiest and yummiest ways to up your protein intake as a bonus!