How To Craft A Powerful and Magical Personal Mantra
Have you ever looked at brands or businesses and considered the weight of their tag lines? All you need to say is, ‘Just Do It,’ and we immediately think of the Nike brand.
Words are insanely powerful and can be used like magic to create change in our lives. I have posts dedicated to the best I am night affirmations, and one all about the magic of I am affirmations.
Creating our own personal mantra goes beyond reciting “I am” statements to create, as Nike did, a core belief that helps to anchor in all the most important things in our lives and helps us to step into our power to become our best self.
I look at “I am” personal affirmations as directions and tools, but a personal manta can become an operating system in which we operate and move through life. It becomes our purpose of motivation and our north star. It helps us anchor our deepest core beliefs on how we want to show up in the world. It helps facilitate and communicate our internal integrity, so we can live in alignment with what is most important to us.
So when things get crazy, and we find ourselves in difficult situations or overwhelmed with negative thoughts, we can ‘ground’ ourselves back with our mantra!
In his book ‘The Charge‘ by Brendon Burchard, he eloquently summed up the importance of living in integrity with what matters most to us.
How we think of ourselves (our self-image) and how we behave in accordance with that image in the real world is the stuff of congruence. It’s one of the most profoundly powerful drives we have as humans to live in consistent alignment with who we think we are, how we want others to perceive us, and who we want to become. When we don’t behave as the person we believe ourselves to be, we feel “off,” “out of sorts,” and, often, frustrated or angry. If we think we’re lions, for example, and we act as mice. We secretly loathe ourselves. — exert from “The Charge.”
We, as humans, have a deep desire to live in alignment and authenticity, which for some of us, is a true act of courage. Sometimes that means walking away from things that no longer align with who we are becoming. It means stepping out of your comfort zone and embracing the scary unknown.
Although as you step into your most authentic self and let go of years and years of programming and social conditioning, you will feel freer and have more personal integrity than ever.
But it is a process.
The first step in creating a personal mantra is clarifying who you are and who you want to be in the world.
Take out some pen and paper, and let’s get to work.
The best way to build your mantra is to free-write everything you want to embody as you work to become your future self.
Some Things To Think About As Your Build Your Personal Mantra
- Your Personal Goals, what is most important for you to create?
- Mental Health – Are you taking care of your Mental Health?
- Good Health – What are your health and wellness goals?
- List your favorite compliments or positive words you’ve heard others say about you.
- Think about past mistakes. What did you learn, and how did they help you to become a better person?
- List positive emotions you wish to embody.
- What are your core beliefs?
- What matters most to you?
- Do you have a favorite quote?
- What are your favorite affirmations?
There are no wrong answers! The act of free writing will help open up your heart for inspiration and guidance to come through. I always like to meditate before journaling and free-writing.
If you are still stuck, here are 10 examples of daily mantras. Use these to help inspire you!
- I am more powerful than my pain. I acknowledge that I have the strength to defeat my challenges. I break through my barriers and leap over the hurdles in my way. Nothing is as great as my own power.
- I am in Love with who I’m becoming. I’ve given up trying to please others. Instead, I work to make my authentic self happy. My divine destiny is unfolding before my eyes.
- I am a magnet for wealth. I am attracting the prosperity I seek. My efforts to become financially stable are being honored by the universe. I am presented with new opportunities to multiply my wealth.
- I am healthy; I am stable; I am sound. My body is in excellent shape, and my mind is at ease. I am healing myself. I accept my flaws and embrace the totality of who I am. I am perfect just the way I am.
- I am becoming the best version of myself. I am growing smarter, wiser, and more enlightened. Steadily, I excel in everything I do. I am evolving.
- I am in tune with the universe. I listen to my intuition and pay attention to divine signs. I am well-guided in my endeavors every step of the way.
- I am proud of myself. I have achieved so much already and will achieve so much more.
- I am the creator of my future. I manifest what I envision in my mind. I have the ability to bring to reality anything I choose. I am magic.
- I am the architect of my life. I lay its foundations and build up its walls. I decorate my life with hope, healing, and happiness. I am a master over my circumstances.
- I am at peace with everything that has happened and will happen. I choose to see others with forgiving eyes, especially those who have hurt me. Everything is happening in perfect order, and I will understand the bigger reason in time. I accept all things as they are.
Now that you have done the hard work clarifying who you want to become, now is the time to go over your notes and create your new mantra! Choose words and phrases that stand out to you, and wordsmith them until you come up with something that speaks to your soul and whispers of the spiritual truth of what you want to work on and shift within you. Does it feel like your most authentic self? Does it feel empowering? A good mantra should be more than just positive statements; it should be a unique expression of the wonderful person you are and who you are working to become.
How to Use a Personal Mantra
Now that you have crafted your amazing, very own mantra. It is time to put your mantra to work. Here are some things you can do as part of your daily routine to anchor your mantra into your subconscious.
- Place your mantra on a sticky note on your bathroom mirror. Look at your beautiful self in the mirror every time you see it, and repeat your mantra.
- Mantra Meditation: Meditate while repeating your manta several times, taking deep breaths, and centering yourself in the present moment.
- Place an index card with your mantra by your bed, so it is the first thing you see in the morning and the last before bed. Take a moment to repeat your manta a few times.
- If you are in a difficult situation, take a minute and use your mantra to help you make the best decision that aligns with who you want to become.
- The more you intertwine your mantra into your daily life, the more magic and a host of new opportunities will find you.
- Wear a bracelet or piece of jewelry that will act as a great reminder for you to repeat your mantra.
Mantras have been in use since ancient times. The origin of mantras has been tied to the primordial sound OM which is the sound of creation. The sages or the seers who visited and revisited these mantras to gain wisdom unearthed the science behind these mantras. Words are magical and have been used to build great things via positive thoughts, mantras, and affirmations.
You have a couple of different options here. You can write this whole post off as a weird hippy-dippy babble, or you can take a chance and give it a real chance. When you see this work from your own personal experience, you’ll see how much power your words have. So be like Nike and ‘Just Do It.’
It is interesting when I first coach a client, the first thing I go over is their inner dialogue. What are you creating? Once my clients see that, whether they like it or not, their words impact their life.
It is pure magic to see them take and shift their inner dialogue to powerful and uplifting affirmations and personal mantras – their life SHIFTS in magnificent ways! If you get nothing else from this post (I hope you crafted an awesome powerful personal mantra), I hope you understand the power of your words. Use them wisely!
Love this! Thanks for sharing this!! It’s a great reminder & I need to do it!! I truly believe it helps!
Great idea – I love coming up with new things!
Love the idea. It definitely helped to improve my mindset.