Beans, beans, the magical fruit, the more you eat, the more you… If you grew up in the 80s or 90s, you know how the rest of that goes. Beans get a bad rap for obvious reasons. But they truly are magical food! Black beans, pinto beans, white beans, navy beans, garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, black-eyed peas, kidney or red beans, or adzuki beans. There are so many delicious varieties and ways to eat beans!
If you’re like me and have a pantry full of cans of beans staring at you, here are some unique and delicious ways to eat beans, so here you go, friends, your “Into class on how to eat beans!”
Before diving into all the tasty bean recipes, let’s answer why we should eat beans.
- They have been shown to help lower blood pressure.
- They have complex carbohydrates – which provide long-lasting energy and fuel for your body.
- They contain many essential nutrients
- They are a great source of protein-based protein.
- They are an excellent source of fiber.
- Great source of protein in general, regardless of whether you eat plant-based or not.
- They help stabilize blood sugar levels.
That’s the good news: beans are tasty and versatile; they will help add a huge nutrient punch to your daily diet and offer many health benefits. So no matter what variety of beans you prefer, they are a great way to increase protein and complex carbohydrates daily and can make a complete meal.
Now that we know the health benefits, let’s get into creative ways to eat more beans – the magical food!
Beans for breakfast, you betcha! These recipes look like the perfect start to ANY Day!
- Peanut Butter Chick Pea Pancakes – The Almond Eater – Bean Pancakes?!?! Mind Blown
- Mexican Baked Eggs -Closet Cooking – Nuff Said!
- Black Bean Breakfast Bowl – Allrecipes – This is a frequent breakfast in the Thueson household
- Chocolate Protein Muffins – Kristine’s Kitchen – It did say “muffin,” so counting this one for breakfast.
Moving on to Lunch – Easy Ways To Eat Beans At Lunch!
- Roasted Chick Pea Gyros – Live Eat Learn – These look divine!
- Smashed White Bean Kale Quesadilla – Running Into The Kitchen – I’ll be running into the kitchen to make these!
- Healthy Hummus Wrap! Six Sisters
Bean Snack + Dips — Ummmm, Yes, Please! Beans make a great addition to snack time!
- High Protein Black Bean Lime Dip – Hurry The Food Up – You had me at High protein + Lime
- Corn Black Bean Salsa – Wholefully This combo sounds magical!
- Ranch Roasted Chick Peas – Maebells I’m pretty sure its been scientifically proven anything ranch flavored is 1000% better
- Balsamic Roasted Chick Peas – Fit 2 BE Queen – Another winning combo!
- Italian White Bean Dip –Andie Thueson– One of my FAVORITE “go to” dips to serve at parties or on a Friday night
- Homemade Refried Beans – Andie Thueson (made in a pressure cooker with dry beans)
- Homemade Hummus -Andie Thueson
Salads and Dinner Ideas – Yep, you can EAT Beans ALL Day Long!
- Black Bean Turkey Burgers -Slim Sanity – These look so flipping good!
- Black Bean Meatballs – Food By Maria– No words! GENIUS Idea!
- Black Bean Pasta Bake – SkinnyMs. – Where has this gem been hiding my whole life?
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Flautas – Peas & Crayons – My kids would LOVE these!
- Sweet Potato Stuffed Chipotle Black Bean Corn Salad – Pinch of Yum – Sign me up… Please!
- Black Bean Lasagna – Delish – Another awesome and delicious idea
- Zesty Black Bean Soup – A Huge hit at our awesome and just one of the ways I sneak those veggies in
- Greek Garbanzo Bean Salad – The Girl Who Ate Everything – I want to sit and eat this ALL day!
- Tuna White Bean Salad – Budget Bytes – A Total Winning Protein Combo!
- The Best Boating Salad -Maybe I Will – I serve this one all summer! It’s SUPER refreshing!
And Let US NOT Forget About Dessert! They are even tasty ways to up your bean intake with dessert!
- Dark Chocolate Black Bean Brownies – The Almond Eater – No WORDS give me the pan
- Black Bean Chocolate Cake – My Sugar-Free Kitchen Get in MY Belly!
- Black Bean Truffles -Mile High Mitts For reals! So YUMMY!
- Salted Caramel Dessert Hummus -Fragrant Vanilla Cake– Genius!
- Salted Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies – Happy Healthy Mama – Everything about this sounds JUST right!
- Strawberry White Bean Blondies – Glow Kitchen – You had me at Strawberry + Blondies!
- Beananaza Bars – S&W Beans Website – Coconut, Dates, Raisins – These look MONEY!
If you were looking for a good reason to up your bean intake, I just provided you with over 30 delicious and mouth-watering recipes to help you eat a lot of beans. So have fun and go nuts trying these amazing and fun ways to up your bean intake. Beans are an excellent source of protein and rich in dietary fiber, all things that will help you live your best life!
And if you are worried about being “musical,” try a pre-biotic when eating beans. It will help with gestational issues that may arise and upset your digestive system.
Which of these tasty, delicious bean recipes are you most excited to try?! And that, my friend, is how to eat beans! (In the tastiest and most delicious ways!)