This post contains affiliate links by clicking on links and making a purchase, I earn a small commission.
I hate to shop. It is not that I don’t enjoy perusing stores and looking at all the new styles; I do. I am the first to admit. I am not great at fashion. There is a distinct reason this is not a fashion advice blog. If you are here for fashion advice, then you, my friend, are in the wrong place.
I do enjoy looking nice and having well-styled clothes and, of course, activewear, and that is why I love styling subscription boxes. I have tried a few over the years as they have become more and more of a mainstream service we look to. And my favorite is Wantable. In the blog post, I will walk you through a Wantable review, how the service works, and all the ins and outs of their personal styling service.
Let’s start and the very beginning, a very good place to start.
How Does Wantable Work?
The first time you order from Wantable, you will first need to choose an “edit” they always have a style edit, fitness edit, active edit, and sleep and body edit. The style edit is everyday casual clothes, active is athleisure wear, and the sleep and body is pajamas, undergarments, and sexy lingerie.
They also have a men’s edit; Kelly has tried it and has really liked the item he has received.
After choosing your “edit,” you’ll be directed to a style quiz. This quick quiz will walk you through the following, all in the comfort of your own home.
- Your size preferences. You’ll need to put your height and weight and what size you typically wear for shirts, jackets, dresses, jeans/pants, bras, and shoes
- How you would categorize, your proportions are narrow, regular, wide, long, or short across your shoulders, hips, arms, legs, and torso. This helps your personal stylist get your sizing perfect.
- Input your body shape—pear, straight, hourglass, apple, or full bust. Again your stylist will use this information to pick the best styles for your body type.
- What frequency should your stylist include certain items: Here, you can let your stylist know how often you want the latest trends, laid back/casual items, everyday wear, work/business items, and date night/night out items. You can choose all the time down to rarely.
- Then you will be asked to rate how much you love a couple of key style looks from dislike to love: Classic, Glam, Rock, Boho, and Casual Chic.
- Then you will be asked a series of personal style questions, what length dress do you prefer when it comes to pair of jeans, what rise and fit do you like, how do you like your tops to fit, or what body parts are you ok with highlighting. Do you have rocking arms, and you want to show them off with tank tops? This is where you will let your stylist know your style preferences.
- Then you will be asked to provide a price point to work from for your clothing subscription service. If you like staying on the cheaper side for tops but don’t mind splurging for a good pair of jeans, this is where you can let Wantable know your price range. You guide how much you are willing to spend during this Q+A section.
- Next, you will let your stylist know what types of items you are primarily looking for. I don’t wear accessories, so I let my stylist know not to include those types of items.
- Then you will need to input your color, print, and material choices and preferences.
- The quiz will end with a spot for you to an “account note” these are any particular personal preferences you want, Wantable to know about you. And if you have a Pinterest board with all your favorite fashions, you can share that link with your stylist so that you can get an even better idea of what you like.
You can also head over to the wantable stream and request specific items that you see to be included in your first box. So if you are looking for a denim jacket, pair of pants, or a sports bra, you can pick one out via the stream.
Once you have completed your style quiz, you will complete your order with a credit card. And the time your order is placed, you will only be charged for the $20 Styling Fee. You will then be assigned a Wantable staff stylist; you will get to work on your first wantable box! Typically it takes 7-14 business days for your stylist to complete their magic! Once wantable ships, it is the typical 3-7 day shipping time frame. If there is ever a delay in your order, customer service will reach out and let you know.
Once you have received your first wantable edit of handpicked items, you can try them on in the comfort of your home. And here his the best part, you are under no obligation to keep anything! If you hate it all (which I highly doubt), just send it back in the return bag included in your shipment. You’ll only be out of the $20 stylist fee. Or keep what you love, and the $20 fee will be applied to your purchase.
Typically your stylist will leave a personal note on your order included within your style box, be on the lookout for it, as they may have questions for you to help them do a better job on your next edit.
As a bonus, they also have discounts available for keeping multiple items. Keep more than five of your seven handpicked individual items and save 20% on everything.
Let me take a minute to answer some FAQs about Wantable!
Wantable is a subscription service so, a new box will be shipped to you every month based on our original order date. You can cancel or skip a shipment any time quickly on their website once you sign on. So canceling is easy and can be done anytime before your next monthly subscription is shipped out.
The cost is of a wantable subscription varies and is dependent mainly on your budget and how much you wish to spend per item. You will communicate this information when you complete the styling quiz. Wantable offers free shipping and free returns. The only other associated cost for their personalized styling service is the $20 stylist fee credited towards any items you wish to keep.
Once you have received your first order you will have five days to try your new clothes on and decide if you want to keep them or not. If you need more time to decide, just ask for an extension! For the items you decide not to keep, returning is super simple! Just throw them in the shipping bag provided and mail them back! You can drop them off at any post office or schedule a pickup.
Wantable carries different size options 0-24W, or XS-3X.
Wantable partners with hundreds of premium brands such as Hudson, Cupcakes & Cashmere, Kensie, Kut From the Kloth, Lyssé, Onzie, Beyond Yoga, Wear it to Heart, Rhone, Z Supply, and Alternative Apparel. The online styling company is constantly adding new brands.
I hope this Wantable review has answered all your questions and helped you know what to expect when you order your first monthly box. I have been ordering from Wantable off and on for about a year, and I am always pleasantly surprised by the beautiful items they send my way. It is a great place to update your wardrobe!
As a Wantable ambassador, I can share my referral link and save you $35 off your first Wantable order!